Poisonous Black Centipedes

Centipedes typically have venom. By its nature venom is poisonous to living things. Certain species of centipede may be dark brown to almost black in appearance and therefore people may refer to them as poisonous black centipedes. Despite having venom, poisonous black centipedes in the U.S. normally would not be life threatening to people. The bite would ordinarily be no worse than a bee sting. However, if a person bitten has medical concerns, they should speak to a medical doctor.