Pests are more than annoying; they can pose serious risks to your health and property. The Orkin Man’s extensive training and advanced technology focus on attacking any pests already in your home and breaking the pest life cycle to help control unwanted invaders in the future.
DO THESE PESTS LOOK FAMILIAR?
- AntsOn the hunt for food, a single ant can lead the way for the entire colony to invade your home. The best way to control the problem is to find the nest and remove the queen.
- Bed BugsBed bugs can be easily transported and are often found hiding in fabrics in bedrooms and mattress covers. Their thin bodies allow them to hide in crevices and small openings. Best method for control is to contact a local pest control expert.
- CockroachesCockroaches can spread germs, make allergies worse and multiply at record-breaking speed.
- TermitesMore homes are damaged by termites each year than by fire.
- FliesFind out how flies carry more than 100 pathogens that can cause dangerous diseases in humans and animals, such as typhoid, polio and tuberculosis—and how to control these pests.
- RodentsBecause rodents multiply so quickly, just a few can lead to an out-of-control infestation before you know it.
- SpidersNot only are their webs a nuisance around the house, but spiders can inflict painful, sometimes dangerous bites.
- MosquitoesThe threat of mosquito-borne diseases could affect your family and pets.
- SilverfishFound in areas of high humidity, silverfish eat through paper and other items with high starch content.
- FleasFleas feed on human blood through small bites in the skin. They can jump from your carpet up to your ankles and calves, and a female flea can produce up to 800 eggs during her lifetime.
- TicksTicks carry many serious diseases, including Lyme disease, encephalitis and typhus. They can live for over 500 days without a meal.
- Wasps and BeesWasps can be distinguished from bees by their smooth, rather than hairy, bodies. Very protective of their nests, they will defend against invaders with painful stings. The common bee sting, while harmless to most people, can be very painful.
- CricketsHouse crickets can damage silk, woolens, paper, fruits and vegetables. They can eat almost anything available.
- MothsFemale moths can lay up to 200 eggs, and moth larvae feed on wool fabric and fur, doing damage to valuable clothing items.
- Carpenter AntsCarpenter ants cut “galleries” into the wood in your home. Colonies can contain up to 50,000 workers, and infestations are very difficult to control. Carpenter ants may also be mistaken for termites.
- OtherDepending on where you live, pests such as pill bugs, centipedes and scorpions can invade your home.