Certifications and Associations
It takes a lot to be The Orkin Man.
At Orkin, we have invested millions to develop award-winning training programs that extend well beyond the classroom. Each Orkin commercial pest specialist is trained in Orkin’s Commercial Training & Certification Program, which includes:
- Formal accredited class work from Purdue University, which also includes pre-work, field work, and interactive instructor-led course work.
- Treatment techniques that conform to standards set by AIB International, NSF Cook & Thurber, Silliker, SQF, and many others, assuring the smartest and most effective pest management program available.
- Training in specific protocols for your industry, as well as federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- As a result, Orkin commercial pest specialists have regulatory knowledge and are well versed in AIB and HACCP protocols, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
Our technicians go through five intensive levels of training before they may become a master certified field specialist.
Company Certifications and Memberships
In addition to technician certifications, the company acquires other certifications and membership to ensure we stay on the top of the pest control industry. These include:
- DNV Business Assurance Business Management Certificate for the provision of internal QA audits focusing on service delivery for all Orkin field operations performing pest control and/or termite control services.
- GreenPro certified by the National Pest Management Association (NPMA).
- QualityPro certified by the NPMA. QualityPro 10 Years Certificate >
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) Education Provider, committed to enhancing the ongoing professional development of the building industry and LEED professionals through high-quality education programs.
- US EPA Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program (PESP) Gold Member
- Board Certified Entomologist (BCE) or an Associate Certified Entomologist (ACE) on staff.
- IAFP – International Association for Food Protection – Sustaining Member.
- NEHA – National Environmental Health Association – Sustaining Member.
- CFP – Conference for Food Protection – Gold Sponsor.
- ASQ – American Society for Quality – Enterprise Member.
- Training Magazine’s Top 125 companies for training every year since 2002.
Honors/Awards for Rollins employees
Past Presidents of NPMA:
1938-1939: Irving Sameth
1944-1946: Theodore Oser
1950-1951: Edwin Sameth
1965-1966: Herman Fellton
1975-1976: Harold Stein
1986-1987: Robert Russell
1996-1997: Richard Sameth
Winners of NPMA’s Pinnacle Award:
1951: Edwin Sameth
2003: Gary Rollins
2007: Paul Hardy
Winners of Pest Management Professional Hall of Fame Award
1999: Otto Orkin (posthumously)
2000: Paul Hardy
2001: Harold Stein
2012: Gary Rollins
2013: Greg Baumann
Winner of PCT/Syngenta’s Crown Leadership Award:
1994: Richard Berman
1995: Tom Diederich
2003: Greg Clendenin
2005: Greg Baumann
2012: Chris Gorecki
2013: Pat Copps
Crown Honor Roll:
1990: Harold Stein
1994: Pat Wicker
1995: Paul Hardy
1996: Richard Sameth
1998: Gary Rollins
2000: Gary Rowell
2001: Clarke Keenan
2005: Tom Walters
2005: Bob Wanzer
2006: Gary Muldoon
2010: John Wilson
PCT Technicians of the Year:
1997: L.C. Spivey, Commercial
2001: Bill Bock, Commercial
2003: Kevin McDonald, Termite
2004: Norbert Brungardt, Residential
2005: Bill Graves, Termite
2006: Randy Miller, Residential
2009: Sean Young, Termite
2010: Jim Bailey, Commercial
2011: Rick Gaudreault, Termite