Women of Excellence
The National Pest Management Association's (NPMA's) Women of Excellence Award, presented by Orkin, recognizes women who advance the pest management industry every day, in every way.
The international honor is open to women across the pest management industry - PMP's, manufacturers, research organizations, etc. - who demonstrate outstanding leadership and have made notable contributions to the development and growth of the profession, their business, and other women in the industry.
An independent judges' panel will select one award recipient who will be recognized at NPMA's PestWorld 2012 Convention, October 17-20 in Boston.
Frequently Asked QuestionsWho is eligible for nomination?
All nominees must be women who currently work in the pest management industry (PMP, manufacturer, researcher).How will the nominations be evaluated?
- 50% of the evaluation process will recognize the nominee's contributions to the pest management industry
- 25% of the evaluation process will consider notable contributions the nominee has made to her company. Such contributions need not have been made from an executive level position - but rather initiatives and actions that have made a difference within the organization.
- 25% of the evaluation process will recognize the nominee's actions in personal leadership, community involvement, and stewardship of future women leaders.
An esteemed and independent judges' panel - comprised of professionals with backgrounds in pest control, human resources, and other industries - will select the award recipient. Judges for 2011 are:
- Jennifer Leggett, 2011 Women of Excellence Award recipient
- Rob Lederer, NPMA
- Laura Simpson, Dugas Pest Control and NPMA President
- Jodi Dorsch, PCT Magazine
- Dr. Laurel Hanson, Washington State University and Spokane Falls Community College.
2011 marked the third year of recognizing women's contributions to the industry. Jennifer Leggett, president of Lindsey Pest Services, was the recipient of the 2011 honor. (press release).When can I submit my nomination?
Award nominations will be open from April 2-May 31, 2012. The winner will be announced at the end of August.How do I submit a nomination?
To nominate a candidate, please submit the form below. Nominees may self-submit or may be nominated by others.
If you have any technical questions regarding a nomination, please contact Dominique Stumpf at email@example.com or by phone at (703) 352-6762.