How to Prevent Jerusalem Crickets
Most prevention of Jerusalem crickets can be done outdoors.
- Clean Up Debris - Remove rocks, lumber, logs and woodpiles where they might hide.
- Close Entryways - Make sure exterior doors close tightly.
- Repair Weather Stripping - Replace weather stripping that is missing or damaged.
- Mulch - Move mulch a few inches away from the foundation to make a “dry zone.”
- Lawns - Set sprinklers to come on in the morning so grass and flowerbeds will dry during the day.
Call the Pest Professionals at Orkin
An application of liquid insecticide on the outside foundation can help keep these insects from invading the house. Call your local pest control professional.