12th Annual IPM Partner Awards Winners Announced
Manufacturing and distribution facilities honored for Integrated Pest Management excellence
Four food and pharmaceutical facilities were named winners of the 2015 IPM Partner Awards co-presented by Orkin, The IPM Institute of North America and global public health organization NSF International. Now in its 12th year, the IPM Partner Awards honor facilities for their dedication to Integrated Pest Management (IPM) partnerships with Orkin.
“The winners of the 2015 IPM Partner Awards embody the qualities that all audited manufacturing facilities should strive for: exemplary adherence to IPM and partnership,” said Orkin Director of Quality Systems Zia Siddiqi, Ph.D. “It is these characteristics that help achieve pest management success and the results can be seen in the third-party audit performance of the winning facilities.”
IPM is an environmentally responsible pest management approach that emphasizes multiple methods of non-chemical pest control and prevention. The winning facilities were honored for their demonstrated commitment to comprehensive IPM programs that focus on vigilant sanitation, prompt attention to structural pest management recommendations, diligent record keeping and staff participation in IPM training sessions.
The 2015 IPM Partner Awards winners, selected from an elite group of nominees from across the country, are:
- Fareva (Henrico, Va.) – One of the world’s leading subcontractors in the industrial and household, cosmetics and pharmaceutical fields.
- Magnolia Foods LLC (Ontario, Calif.) – California-based food producer specializing in tortillas and other items for a variety of companies.
- Petco DC #382 (Portland, Ore.) and Petco DC #528 (Mira Loma, Calif.) – Two regionally based distribution centers for the leading specialty retailer of premium pet food and supplies.
“The IPM Partner Awards reinforce the crucial role IPM plays in a sustainable approach to pest management,” said Dr. Thomas Green, president of The IPM Institute of North America and 2015 IPM Partner Awards juror. “At the IPM Institute of North America, our goal is to accelerate the adoption of IPM, so it is with great pride that we recognize these facilities for going above and beyond to achieve IPM success.”
Also serving on the jury is David Baker, director of consulting and technical services for co-presenter NSF International, a global public health organization with more than 70 years of food safety expertise.
“Effective pest control is a pillar of food safety and must be a priority in the manufacturing industry,” said Baker. “The 2015 winners have demonstrated a keen understanding of IPM and the importance of adapting and improving their programs over time.”
About the Awards Jury
- Lea Beach, CHESP, EVS director, Ireland Army Community Hospital
- Austin Frishman, Ph.D., B.C.E., founder, AMF Pest Management Services, Inc.
- Thomas A. Green, Ph.D., president, The IPM Institute of North America, Inc.
- Ron Harrison, Ph.D., director of technical services, Orkin
- Frank Meek, BCE, international technical and training director, Orkin
- Zia Siddiqi, Ph.D., B.C.E., director of quality systems, Orkin