Along with bugging you, nuisance pests like rodents, cockroaches and flying and stinging pests have the potential to grow into a more serious problem. For some businesses, it only takes a sighting by the wrong person—an auditor, an inspector, a customer or even a patient—to have a financial impact on the bottom line. And for any business, if that pest problem goes unchecked and escalates into an infestation, the resulting impact on your business can escalate, too.
Since many pest populations can grow rapidly once inside, taking steps to help prevent their entry in the first place is key. Entry points and accessible water and food sources create pest "hot spots," like employee areas, that are susceptible to pest activity. Proactively diagnosing pest activity using a non-chemical, Integrated Pest Management (IPM) approach that includes exclusion, sanitation and maintenance is always the first priority. But even with strict maintenance and sanitation protocols, some pests require further treatment to help manage their presence at your business.Orkin Precision Protection™
Precision Protection is Orkin’s IPM service for commercial properties. We have created industry-specific programs tailored to the specialized needs of properties like yours. It’s important to know that Precision Protection is the opposite of “one size fits all” pest control—it’s an approach. No program is identical, and each one is custom-built and grounded in science for maximum effectiveness.
- Food Processing: We partner with you and prepare you at every step before, during and after your third-party audits, including arming you with audit-ready documentation.
- Healthcare: We tailor our pest protection to your needs with proven practices recommended by the Association for the Healthcare Environment (AHE) and other healthcare thought leaders.
- Pharmaceutical: We protect your products from the pests they attract and adhere to the FDA’s strict treatment protocols.
- Logistics: We emphasize non-chemical treatments to protect your products and address the added pest entry points that come with the supply chain.
- Non-Food Manufacturing: From sealing potential pest entry points to helping manage threats to your facility like birds and flies, we tailor our service to your individual needs.
- Education: We’re experienced in your unique pest control challenges and safety requirements, and can assist with everything from fly control to restroom care.
- Multifamily: We take the time to get to know you, your staff and your residents to create a minimally invasive treatment plan that helps protect your community and reputation.
In addition to our Orkin Commercial Precision Protection services, we also have more specialized approaches. Orkin offers treatments to protect the health of your staff and customers, as well as pest-specific treatment options to help you monitor and control any pest invading your building. Various forms of bait, pheromones, heat treatments, traps and glue boards are all potential solutions. They require professional application and must be used safely to help protect your customers and employees.
Here’s a snapshot of some other specialized services Orkin offers to help you with more specific needs:
- VitalClean™: As health concerns have taken a bigger spot on the world stage, it’s more important than ever to effectively disinfect your business. Our trained technicians apply a powerful, eco-friendly disinfectant that meets the EPA’s criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Bed Bug ProAct™: Eight of 10 hotels have dealt with bed bugs in the past year, with an average cost of $6,383 per bed bug incident. Orkin Bed Bug ProAct is an ongoing, proactive approach to help combat bed bugs in hotel guest rooms using a combination of sanitation, maintenance and exclusion protocols.
- Fly Control: Flies feed and breed in many areas where food and grime build up. If you have a fly infestation, you could risk lost business, food contamination and a possible failed health inspection. Our Fly Control program helps you monitor activity in order to trace problems to the source and remediate the conducive conditions that attract the pests.
- Rodent Control: Rodents can multiply quickly, cause property damage and spread harmful diseases. Our service includes a customized rodent management system to help reduce the rate of contamination and help eliminate the conditions that lead to rodent problems. Our ongoing monitoring and maintenance includes replacement of products, as well as reapplication of any treatment.
- Bird Control: Orkin’s Bird Control Program is an effective, responsible way to help prevent damage to roofs, ventilation systems and other building structures caused by nuisance birds. Each bird species requires a different treatment option. And with tens of millions of dollars in damage every year caused birds, our Orkin Pest Specialists know what it takes to protect your property while ensuring minimum impact on bird populations and the environment.
Want more? You might also like:
When you’ve already been through the process of comparing pest control providers, chosen one and invested months or years into a program, it’s tough to consider going back to the drawing board. But if part of your job has become making sure they do their job, you’re not saving …
If you’re on the hunt for a new pest control company, it’s likely your last partnership didn’t work out the way you hoped. Whether they dropped a ball or broke a promise, you’re eager to find someone who will do better. While the proof is in working with a new partner, …
You take your job seriously, and it shouldn’t be hard to find a pest control provider who does the same. You deserve a partner you can count on to get the job done right, even when you’re not looking. At Orkin, we commit to delivering just that. When you choose Orkin, you’ll …